Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lucky Me

Today was a long, stressful day at work. I wasn't feeling well and we were missing an employee. By the time I got home 8 hours later I was completely exhausted and my shoulders were in knots. Lucky for me, I was about to be well taken care of... Let me tell you why I'm such a lucky lady.

"Put your feet up and relax. Here's a pillow, want the remote? Unwind a bit, you deserve it."

Why, thank you! I propped my feet up, cuddled with the pillow and watched one of my favorite tv shows without interruption. After my show was over a bath was prepared. Wow! 10 candles lit up my bathroom and began to scent the darkened room with soothing vanilla and warm, rich red cherry. A few drops of lavender oil had also been put into the bath and my laptop was softly playing my Bon Iver Pandora station. Mmmmmm! All that was missing was a glass of wine.

I laid in the hot bath for nearly 30 minutes, letting the stress of the day melt away while beautiful music caressed my ears. The knots in my shoulders slowly began to unwind and loosen. I felt truly pampered.

When I got out of the bath I dried off, slipped into my pajamas and went into the living room. My legs, arms and neck were massaged with lotion and I was so grateful to have such a wonderfully relaxing evening.

By now you're probably wondering, "Who is this that's pampering Karen and treating her like a queen? Who is it that's so thoughtful and giving?" You really want to know, don't you? You're on the edge of your seat dying to know all the details, aren't you?



It's me. :) I'm so good to myself, aren't I? haha I'm so good at knowing when I just need to relax and I'm great at meeting my needs. It's like I can read my mind... ;)

No, I don't have a man. But who needs one when I treat myself so well?? HAHA! Sorry, I couldn't help myself, I really had fun leading you down that rabbit hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment