Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blah.

Do you ever feel like you're searching for something but you have no idea what it is? You feel like something's missing but can't put your finger on it?

I'm getting restless... AGAIN. This seems to be happening more and more often. Usually I enjoy my job and working on my music and art but sometimes I'm still left feeling like something's missing... I'm still not sure what I want to be doing with my life and where I should be living. Sometimes I'm happy and content but other days I just want to jump out of my skin and disappear.

I was talking to a friend tonight who recently graduated and she was expressing the same distress that I've felt at different times over the past 2 years since I graduated; there are limitless possibilities in front of me, which is exciting and frightening at the same time. Sometimes all the options can be overwhelming and you wish someone else would just decide for you. Someone tell me which city would best suit me! Where can I live that has a temperate climate, great public transportation, city life with lots of live entertainment and access to the great outdoors so I can go hiking???

As far as my art and music are concerned, I feel like I'm in a giant rut right now. I can't sit down and write lyrics worth a shit, I'm so uninspired. I start working on an art piece and get frustrated and stop. I consider going out but I'm just tired of the same old scene. I'm tired of my short hair and I just want it to grow back out. I feel so... listless. Being an adult sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment