Thursday, April 26, 2012

Silver Linings

I suppose I should consider these first 2-3 months in Nebraska an initiation, a test of fortitude. There have been so many road blocks, speed bumps, and days of rain (metaphorically speaking). Many times it has been difficult to keep my chin up, to stay positive and not focus on the stress. Enough is enough, I'm done being mopey and feeling sorry for myself, that's not who I am. I've always said that negativity is a cancer... Unfortunately I let it grow for a while. Last night I decided it was time to remove the tumor that had built up. I've always been an upbeat, positive person, it's time for me to get back to who I am. I refuse to allow myself to play the victim or wallow In the "poor me's." My car broke down last week, just 2 weeks after finally getting it back from a month in the shop after some guy ran a red light and hit my car. It's a good thing I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself last night, otherwise today would've been ruined after getting a call from the shop I took my car to. The call I got was to inform me that I need a new transmission and possibly a new clutch... Best case scenario it will cost me $3,000. Worse case scenario, it will be $3,500. So here are my silver linings. I got my car for about $3,000 less than it is actually worth. My bank is going to let me take more out on my loan. I plan to trade this car in for a cheaper one to diminish my debt. I also found out from the bank that my credit score has significantly increased in the past year. Soon I will be looking for a new place to live (my short term lease is almost up) and a new car as well. Yes, it's a little stressful, but hey, it could always be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment