Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Just One of Those Days

Well, it's past 3 a.m. so yes, I've had a little bit to drink and I'm getting ready for bed...

Today was just one of those days. It had its moments. Some moments were not so bad, some were even good, but other moments were just frustrating...

I really don't want to talk about it in detail...

All I will say is that... Those moments happen. And then they're gone. Earlier today someone asked me, "How are you?" and I responded with, "Better, now." :) "Now?" they asked. "Yeah, earlier I wasn't so good. But that moment is over and now is better."

Optimism... sometimes it's hard to come by. Sometimes it's hard to just smile through the bullshit, frustrations, emotions, whatever... But what else are you going to do? If you sit there and dwell on it, that's all you've got; the bullshit, frustrations, emotions, blah blah blah... And I'm stronger than that.

People will do what they will and you have no control over other people. What you do have control over is how you react to those people.

The calm, meditative me would say that I'm just grasping; I'm clinging onto emotions and desires instead of simply accepting what is. Acceptance... why is it so hard for humans to do this? Why do we find it so difficult to accept others, accept what is different, what opposes our opinions, and even stranger yet, why is it so hard for us to accept ourselves?

No one is perfect so why do we hold people to perfect standards, including ourselves?

Everyone is doing the best that they can; if they could do better, they would.

Today was one of those days and tomorrow will be a different day. Either way, the world keeps spinning round and all we can do is enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment