Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The World is a Stage

**Started writing this a week ago**

And I need to get back up there. GOD! I MISS BEING ON STAGE!!! It's been just over 6 months since I've sung on stage. Half a year. After spending a year doing at least 4 gigs a month, sometimes as many as 10, these past 6 months have felt like a drought, a withdrawal. I need my fix. I need that escape.

Performing is the best high. It's such a rush. When I'm up on stage I don't think about anything but the music. All my worries, stress, annoyances, whatever, it all just disappears and gets lost in the mix. The bass pushes it all down. The treble soars up high and drowns out all the inner dialogue. Performing is my addiction, my release. All that bottled up rage, sadness, passion, it just explodes against my vocal chords. And it's the best feeling in the world.

I need a guitarist. Please God, send me a guitarist. One who will be able to translate what's in my head onto the fretboard.

**Current update**

What are the odds that just days after writing this I hear from a friend who is great at guitar? I went over to Carlos' house Friday night and we completed a song I started working on back in June. And it sounds great. Then on Monday I went to the open mic night at Blue Lounge and was back on stage for the first time in 6 months. Granted I only performed 4 songs, but it felt so great.

I needed these things to happen this week. Here's hoping this momentum keeps up.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand about being on stage. I miss it a lot as well. I'm glad you found someone to collaborate with; you have so much talent, it needs to be used!

    ReplyDelete