Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Resolve

***I started writing this on January 1st and am finally finishing/posting it***

Good riddance to 2010. What a crappy year. The optimistic side of me does acknowledge that everything happens for a reason though. I've learned a lot this year. As I say, if you don't learn from your experiences then they happen in vain. Still, I'm happy for a new year, new beginnings, new adventures.

I find the psychological response to a new year very fascinating. Really, it's just another day in the sequence of time. And although it's just another day, so many of us look at it as a reset button, a new beginning. We make resolutions to change, to better ourselves and our lives. I used to think it was silly, it's just another day, you can choose any day to make a change for the better. It makes sense though. There's finality. There's change. We all have to get used to writing 2011 now.

I like that I can have this new beginning. I need some change in my life. This year is going to be great. Yes, some bad things may happen, but it's still going to be great, it already is. I have a new place all to myself, I have wonderful, amazing friends and this year I will take more risks. I'm going to take some leaps of faith. I'm going to be daring. Most of all, I will be happy. I will focus on the positive and I will be zen.

Happy New Year. Enjoy 2011 to the fullest.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Just wanted to say, keep a positive out look on things and good will always prevail. Keep your head up also, do take risks and I wish you the best of luck this year. I hope you continue to follow your heart in your music and your lyrical poetry. I enjoyed wut I heard and wish to hear more soon! Sigue a sus suenos, y hagalos realidad! Busca Lo bueno en cada situasion, y veras con esas pensamientos, vas a llugar a las estrellas!

    ~Vinny R.~

    ReplyDelete