Monday, October 25, 2010

Road Map to Happiness

I was told by a friend that I need to give serious thought as to what makes me happy and then make steps to work toward being happier...

I haven't felt quite like me lately. I consider myself to be a happy-go-lucky, bubbly and energetic person. In spite of the hardships I've endured in my life, I'm a very positive, hopeful person. Lately, however, I've been allowing stress and worry to weigh me down. I need to move forward and get out from under this cloud of tension.

Happiness. What makes me happy? More importantly, what will help me to feel balanced? If one aspect of self is lacking it can throw the whole thing off balance. I once saw a diagram depicting the different elements of self... I hope I'm not forgetting one but these are each areas that need attention in order to have balance:

Social
Spiritual
Creative
Professional
Intellectual
Physical
Emotional

I feel as though too many of these areas have been lacking. I need to make time for each area. I need to eat healthier, make time for yoga at least 3 times a week, pick my guitar back up and take lessons once a week, practicing at least 3 times a week, meditate daily. I need to take more time to work on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment