Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Adventure Time

I'm sitting on my bed in my new apartment in Omaha, Nebraska with my pup by my side. Boxes clutter every room, my armchair is in the kitchen, and I have no idea what got thrown into which box! Hahaha! It's funny how the reality of everything is sinking in so slowly... For the first time in my life I have moved away from home, I only know a handful of people in this city, and am familiar with only a few of the main roads.

Honestly I thought I'd be more emotional about it; after all, I've always been a deeply emotional person and I wear my heart on my sleeve. I didn't cry on my last day of work in Wichita or as I hit the road in a U-Haul filled with all of my stuff. At first I thought the reason for this was that I haven't had the time. I've been busy packing, saying goodbyes, and trying to get over the cold I came down with the day before I had to move. However I think the reason for it is that I know I'm up for the challenge.

I have been given my 3rd promotion in under 2 years of working at Guitar Center. I still have the same job title of Sales and Training Manager but I've been given a huge opportunity! The store in Omaha is brand new, it's only been open for about 10 months and attached to it is Guitar Center Studios, which is used for lessons and rehearsal space. This is the perfect next step as I progress in my career and I'm honored to be the one who was picked.

Time to start unpacking and welcome in this new chapter in my life!
Picture from my first trip to the new store, standing next to my rental car. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment